5 Statistics on Primary Care Physicians Practicing in the US, According to Type of Practice
Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality.
Researchers analyzed the 2010 American Medical Association Physician Masterfile and adjusted for retired physicians and physicians who shifted to non-primary care settings.
Here are the numbers of primary care physicians, according to type of practice:
• Family practice — 79,831
• General internal medicine — 71,487
• General pediatrics — 44,933
• General practice — 9,557
• Geriatrics — 2,999
More Articles on Practice Management:10 Tips for First-Time Managers
Small Business Owners: 7 Tips for Best Negotiations
Top 10 Challenges, Opportunities for Physicians This Year
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- ASA Board of Directors Decides to Take No Position on SGR Repeal Bill
- 4 Gastroenterologists on Best Opportunities for GI Practice Expansion in 2014
- 4 Things to Know About the Global Anesthesia, Respiratory Devices Market
- Tips to Prevent Data Breaches at Anesthesiology Practices
- Onboarding New Employees at Small Businesses: 9 Tips