5 Statistics on Primary Care Physicians Practicing in the US, According to Type of Practice
Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality.
Researchers analyzed the 2010 American Medical Association Physician Masterfile and adjusted for retired physicians and physicians who shifted to non-primary care settings.
Here are the numbers of primary care physicians, according to type of practice:
• Family practice — 79,831
• General internal medicine — 71,487
• General pediatrics — 44,933
• General practice — 9,557
• Geriatrics — 2,999
More Articles on Practice Management:10 Tips for First-Time Managers
Small Business Owners: 7 Tips for Best Negotiations
Top 10 Challenges, Opportunities for Physicians This Year
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
TMC Lakewood Surgical Center Welcomes New PhysiciansRead Now
- 7 Statistics on Physician Pay by Practice Setting
- Cook Medical Launches Instinct Endoscopic Hemoclip
- Logan Regional Medical Center Opens New Endoscopy Unit
- Sheridan Healthcare Announces Winner of Scholarship for Anesthesiologist Assistant Students
- Founder of URMC's Anesthesiology Department Dr. Alastair Gillies Dies