5 Specialties With Lowest Percentages of Physicians Who Feel Fairly Compensated
Medscape Physician Compensation Report 2014.
The report includes responses from more than 24,000 physicians in 25 specialties.
Here are five specialties with lowest percentages of physicians who feel that they are fairly compensated:
• Plastic surgery — 37 percent
• Pulmonary medicine — 39 percent
• Neurology — 39 percent
• Diabetes and endocrinology — 41 percent
• Nephrology — 41 percent
More Articles on Practice Management:28% of Orthopedic Surgeons Currently, Plan to Participate in ACOs
10 Ways to Improve Collections at Medical Practices
7 Ways to Earn Respect, Rather Than Demand It
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
7 things for ASC leaders to know for ThursdayRead Now
- MEDNAX acquires Associated Anesthesiologists of Joliet, 3 related entities
- Oregon Outpatient Surgery Center first ASC in Northwest to perform total hip replacement: 3 things to know
- Orlando Health, USPI partner in ownership of University Surgical Center
- Ophthalmologist Dr. Glenn Campbell to open single-specialty Virginia ASC
- Drs. Benjamin Basseri, Marc Makhani join California surgery center La Peer Health Systems