5 Specialties With Lowest Percentages of Physicians Who Feel Fairly Compensated
Medscape Physician Compensation Report 2014.
The report includes responses from more than 24,000 physicians in 25 specialties.
Here are five specialties with lowest percentages of physicians who feel that they are fairly compensated:
• Plastic surgery — 37 percent
• Pulmonary medicine — 39 percent
• Neurology — 39 percent
• Diabetes and endocrinology — 41 percent
• Nephrology — 41 percent
More Articles on Practice Management:28% of Orthopedic Surgeons Currently, Plan to Participate in ACOs
10 Ways to Improve Collections at Medical Practices
7 Ways to Earn Respect, Rather Than Demand It
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
4 recent ASC industry leadership movesRead Now
- Inpatient utilization expected to continue dropping
- 4 tips to addressing physician credentialing with payers during an acquisition
- New Bradley ASC may move orthopedics in 2 years
- Bridging the generational gap: Understanding older & younger surgeon perspectives
- Over-the-scope clip placement effective, safe for GI defects