5 Components of Emotional Intelligence for Leadership
Harvard Business Review. Here are five components of emotional intelligence and how to recognize them.
1. Self-awareness — The ability to identify and understand you own moods and their effect on others. Hallmarks include self-confidence, realistic self-assessment and a self-deprecating sense of humor.
2. Self-regulation — The ability to control impulses and think before acting. Hallmarks include trustworthiness, integrity, comfort with ambiguity and being open to change.
3. Motivation — A passion for pursuing goals beyond status or material gains. Hallmarks include drive for achievement, optimism and organizational commitment.
4. Empathy — The ability to understand others' emotions and respond appropriately. Hallmarks include expertise in building and retaining talent, customer service abilities and cross-cultural sensitivity.
5. Social skill — Ability to make and manage relationships, build networks and find common ground. Hallmarks include being an effective change leader, persuasiveness and teambuilding and leadership expertise.
More Articles on Turnarounds:
Surgery Center of Oklahoma Featured in Forbes as Healthcare Innovator
Drs. Scott Newbold, Daryl Reid Join Walla Walla Clinic ASC
Total Joints: Prime Opportunity for New ASC Procedures & Revenue
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
Physician employment vs. private practice: 14 statistics on pay, satisfaction & moreRead Now
- ASC accreditation leader to know: Dr. David Watts of AAAASF
- Johnson & Johnson seeks $7.2B in damages from Boston Scientific, AbbVie's HCV prescriptions up 55% & more –5 GI/endoscopy company key notes
- Venture capitalists still excited about healthcare: 5 key notes on startups
- 7 of the top gainers in healthcare stocks
- Improving your leadership skills: 9 tips