4 Questions Leaders Should Ask About IT
1. Is the proposed technology transforming business, or is it simply making existing processes more involved? How to use IT strategically and what the strategic implications will be for existing processes are important related considerations.
2. Are you ignoring important business differences in process standardization? While IT can make some processes easier, be sure that IT implementation does not eliminate potentially important differences in procedures within the company.
3. Who is responsible for digital strategy? Local managers alone don't have access to the entire picture. Leaders should assign someone to integrate IT information from all units of a business.
4. Is electronic data empowering or trapping your employees? While data can be used both to empower front-line employees and to centralize decisions and monitor employee performance, the former has been shown to be more effective, according to the article's authors.
More Articles on Turnarounds:
3 Strategies for Best Productivity
Patient Access to Online Medical Records: 5 Advantages for ASCs
3 Market Share Lessons From Crumbs Bake Shop's Demise
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2014. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
7 things for ASC leaders to know for MondayRead Now
- 3 things to know about the workplace generational gap
- 3 recently accredited ASCs
- Medical Facilities Corporation revenue up 5.5%: 5 3Q financial result insights
- Veteran reaches out to thank Oregon Outpatient Surgery Center
- Virginia Mason Medical Center gastroenterologists use Sedasys system for propofol delivery