4 Questions Leaders Should Ask About IT
1. Is the proposed technology transforming business, or is it simply making existing processes more involved? How to use IT strategically and what the strategic implications will be for existing processes are important related considerations.
2. Are you ignoring important business differences in process standardization? While IT can make some processes easier, be sure that IT implementation does not eliminate potentially important differences in procedures within the company.
3. Who is responsible for digital strategy? Local managers alone don't have access to the entire picture. Leaders should assign someone to integrate IT information from all units of a business.
4. Is electronic data empowering or trapping your employees? While data can be used both to empower front-line employees and to centralize decisions and monitor employee performance, the former has been shown to be more effective, according to the article's authors.
More Articles on Turnarounds:
3 Strategies for Best Productivity
Patient Access to Online Medical Records: 5 Advantages for ASCs
3 Market Share Lessons From Crumbs Bake Shop's Demise
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- Iowa Governor looks to weaken state's CON
- 40% of voters want Trump to expand Medicaid; 49% think he won't: 5 key trends
- UnitedHealth Group starts exchange offer for SCA shares following Optum deal; Tenet shares plummet 18.7% in 52-week period: 5 ASC company notes
- How an oral immunotherapy treatment is combating superbugs — A Q&A with Immuron's Jerry Kanellos
- GI leader to know: Dr. Barry Frank of Florida Medical Clinic