3 Tips to Manage Business Priorities in Times of Growth
Forbes article on how to prioritize when business is going well.
1. Make room for the new. Consider the projects your organization is currently attempting and ask where restructuring for more efficient resource allocation might occur. If projects have inadequate sponsorship, budgets or staffing, it's time to reevaluate their importance to the company objectives.
2. Avoid operational clutter. Consider the strategic implications of all business and planning decisions. To determine what is necessary to achieve, first ask "what do we want" and find where the results intersect with the answer to the question "what do we need?"
3. Make smarter choices in the first place. Determine a reasonable period of time for short term planning — perhaps a quarter — and ask "what would be stupid not to do during this time?" Do those things.
More Articles on Turnarounds:
Summit Medical Group ASC Hosts Medical Research Gala Fundraiser
4 Steps to Add Value to Established Joint Venture ASCs
7 Do's and Don'ts of Social Media
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
Blue Belt's Navio Surgical System exploding worldwide — 6 things to knowRead Now
- What is important for ASC leaders to know today? 3 key thoughts from Susan Kizirian
- Emory's "Team Ebola" to receive patient safety award
- 5 parasites that have travelled the world
- $180M addition to Akron Children's Hospital includes outpatient center
- NextGen Healthcare launches new population health, care management solution