3 Strategies for Best Productivity
1. Identify your perfectly productive environment. Spend some time thinking about physically and mentally where, when and in how you are most productive. While it may not be possible to always work in that environment, there is no reason why you can't get as close as possible. Request to work at home, if that's most productive, or work an hour or two from a café. Vary your locations when you need, or block out periods of undisturbed time to get concentrated work done.
2. Know the 80-20 rule. That is, 80 percent of work is produced by 20 percent of efforts. This is also known as the Pareto principle. Keeping this rule of thumb in mind can help you focus work and identify potential sources of problems more efficiently.
3. Contain preventable distractions. While it's impossible to eliminate distractions entirely, commit to remaining focused on the task at hand by only using what you need. Don't browse the internet, answer your phone or have unscheduled business calls. Minimizing the chance you'll be randomly disturbed will increase your productivity.
More Articles on Turnarounds:
Patient Access to Online Medical Records: 5 Advantages for ASCs
3 Market Share Lessons From Crumbs Bake Shop's Demise
ASCA Successful in Pro-ASC Negotiations With CMS Over Proposed Payments
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
Why do we procrastinate?Read Now
- Succeed as a new manager: 5 tips
- How to turn ASC staffing from a cost-center into a value center — 8 key steps
- Healthcare services M&A: 10 key trends
- AAOS selects Medline Industries as distribution partner
- Did the ASC industry end the year with a bang or a bust? 50 things to know about 4Q, year-end financial results