3 Conservative Ideas Trending in Healthcare Reform
Wall Street Journal blog post by Drew Altman, president and CEO of the Kaiser Family Foundation, the following three ideas in the PPACA are generally favored by those with more conservative philosophies.
1. Partial privatization of Medicare. Nearly 16 million have beneficiaries are enrolled in Medicare Advantage plans, and the Congressional Budget Office predicts this number will reach 22 million by 2020.
2. More than 50 percent of Medicaid beneficiaries are enrolled in managed-care plans, which are often capitated plans run by private insurers. The number of enrollees in these types of plans is increasing as states expand their Medicaid plans under the PPACA.
3. Higher deductibles for more "skin in the game." Higher-deductible health plans have traditionally been favored by those of conservative philosophies in the architecture of the new healthcare laws. Many of the plans offered on the state and federal exchanges feature HDHPs.
More Articles on Turnarounds:
Cataract Surgery May Slow Mental Decline in Demented Patients
VIP Plastic Surgery Center Second to Accept Bitcoin
Mebane Park Surgery Center Names New Director
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2014. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
12 tips to negotiate a deal more effectivelyRead Now
- 12 tips to negotiate a deal more effectively
- ASC stock report — 5 key company updates
- New EndoChoice slim scope, US Endoscopy distribution agreement & more – 6 GI/endoscopy company key notes
- VisionCare completes financing for commercialization of telescope implant
- House committee chairmen release joint statement on ICD-10 implementation