20 Findings on Physician Engagement
The State of Staff Physician Engagement: 2011 in Review."
Survey responses are based on a five-point scale, with a score of one reflecting "strongly disagree" and five reflecting "strongly agree" — the higher the score, the more positive the response. Information is based on an analysis of more than 1.4 million survey responses from physicians in 2011.
The physician engagement in 2011 was 4.12, compared with the 2010 average of 4.17. Here are some key findings from the 2011 survey, including survey items physicians rated highest and lowest.
1. This hospital makes every effort to deliver safe, error-free care to patients: 4.19
2. Overall, this hospital provides high-quality care and service: 4.23
3. I would recommend this hospital to other physicians as a good place to practice medicine: 4.06
4. I would recommend this hospital to family and friends who need care: 4.24
5. I am satisfied with the overall performance of hospital administration: 3.54
6. This hospital treats physicians with respect: 3.83
7. I have confidence this organization will be successful in the coming years: 4.21
8. If I am practicing medicine three years from now, I am confident that I will be practicing at this hospital: 3.94
9. Overall, I am satisfied with this hospital: 4.05
Highest-scoring items from the survey
10. The nursing staff at this hospital is committed to providing compassionate care: 4.28
11. This organization cares about its customers: 4.27
12. This organization conducts business in an ethical manner: 4.24
13. This organization is respected in the community: 4.21
14. I have confidence that this organization will be successful in the coming years: 4.21
Lowest -scoring items from the survey
15. I am satisfied with Ambulatory Services' efficiency: 3.09
16. I have adequate input into decision affecting my medical practice: 3.30
17. Senior management is responsive to physician feedback: 3.37
18. I am satisfied with the ease of the scheduling process for my patients: 3.43
19. I can easily communicate my ideas and concerns to senior management: 3.46
20. The amount of job stress I feel is reasonable: 3.45
More Articles on Physician Engagement:Practice Development for Your Employed Physicians: A 2012 Physician Relations' Strategy
6 Secrets for Better Hospital-Physician Relationships
4 Best Practices for Supporting Employed Physicians' Independence
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.