$2.35B AmSurg Anesthesia Acquisition Deal, New Regent Surgical Health ASC & More – 5 Recent ASC Company Key Notes
AmSurg will acquire Sheridan Healthcare in a cash and stock transaction of approximately $2.35 billion. Sheridan offers services in 25 states and employs more than 2,400 physicians and healthcare providers.
Surgical Care Affiliates reported system-wide net patient revenue per case grew 5.4 percent in the first quarter of 2014. The growth is attributed to acquisitions, changes in payer contracts and case volume, according a news release.
Regent Surgical Health, a group of physicians and Providence Health & Services opened a joint venture ASC on the Providence Portland (Ore.) Medical Center campus.
Hospital Corporation of America stocks traded at $52.99 per share during the week of May 26 to 30.
Medical Facilities Corporation elected seven directors at its annual shareholders' meeting. The directors included:
• David R. Bellaire
• Marilynne Day-Linton
• Gil Faclier, MD
• Irving R. Gerstein
• John T. Perri
• Donald Schellpfeffer, MD
• Seymour Temkin
If you have a question, issue or note to suggest on an ASC management and development company please contact Carrie Pallardy at firstname.lastname@example.org or Laura Miller at email@example.com.
More Articles on ASC Issues:
4 Steps to Add Value to Established Joint Venture ASCs
Revenue Cycle Management Challenges: Best Practices for Eye Centers
3 Recently Opened & Expanded Ambulatory Surgery Centers
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- Why ASCs should prioritize personalities in staff recruitment: Select Physicians Surgery Center's administrator shares insight
- AAAHC names Dr. Vicky Gordon interim president & CEO: 3 notes
- Emergent BioSolutions receives contract for Zika vaccine: 4 things know
- Obama administration to update Medicare Part B payment proposal, but will this be enough to squash opposition?
- Illinois Department of Insurance approves $37B Aetna, Humana merger: 4 key points