10 Top Ambulatory Care Procedures & Unexpected Denial RatesHere are the top 10 procedures performed at ambulatory care facilities by total billed amounts from Nov. 15, 2012 to Feb. 11, 2013, and the denial rates for each procedure based on data collected by RemitDATA, an independent source of comparative analytics for reimbursement, utilization and productivity data. The database houses 25 percent of all national outpatient remits.
1. Proton treatment simple with comp.: 10 percent
2. Proton treatment intermediate: 10 percent
3. Cataract Surgery With IOL 1 Stage: 7 percent
4. Upper GI/Endoscopy Biopsy: 8 percent
5. Provide INR Test Mater/Equipment: 10 percent
6. Stereoscopic X-Ray Guidance: 6 percent
7. Office/Outpatient Visit, Est. (CPT 99214): 9 percent
8. Office/Outpatient Visit, Est. (CT 99213): 7 percent
9. Radiation Tx Delivery Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy: 14 Percent
10. Colonoscopy and Biopsy: 9 percent
More Articles on Surgery Centers:
10 Common Reasons Top ASC Procedures Are Unexpectedly Denied
5 Legislative & Regulatory Changes Impacting Ambulatory Surgery Centers
5 Initiatives for Higher Operating Margins at ASCs
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest ASC news and feature stories from Becker's ASC Review, sign-up for the free Becker's ASC Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- Senate Introduces Companion Medicare RAC Reform Bill
- Drs. Brian Cole, Anthony Romeo of Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush Among Top Orthopedic Surgeons Contributing to Orthopedic Literature
- Spinal Elements Upgrades to 40,000-Square-Foot Headquarters
- UnitedHealth, Aetna, Cigna to Sit Out of California's Health Insurance Exchange
- Rhode Island Nixes "Confidential" Prices Between Payors, Providers