10 Statistics on Plastic Surgeon Compensation
Here are 10 statistics on plastic surgeon compensation based on the Medscape Plastic Surgeon Compensation Report: 2013.
1. Average income for plastic surgeons in 2012 was $317,000.
2. Around 14 percent of plastic surgeons earned more than $500,000 last year.
3. 37 percent of plastic surgeons said their compensation decreased last year.
4. 25 percent of plastic surgeons saw a compensation increase last year.
5. Female plastic surgeons reported $239,000 average compensation, 30 percent lower than their male counterparts.
6. The highest compensating region for plastic surgeons was the Northwest, at $495,000.
7. The lowest compensating region for plastic surgeons was the South Central, at $264,000.
8. Plastic surgeons in a multispecialty group practice received $493,000 on average last year.
9. Solo practice owners received $324,000 in average compensation last year.
10. Plastic surgeons in a hospital setting received average compensation of $261,000 in 2012.
More Articles on Surgery Centers:
How ASCs Can Thrive Through Teamwork: Q&A With Administrator Joseph DeMarco
200 Women Leaders to Know in the ASC Industry
Where ASCs Fit In With Healthcare Price Transparency: Q&A With Robyn Jackson
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- 7 Guidelines for Preparing a News Release About Surgery Center Accreditation
- Hiring Physicians: 6 Questions Providing Insight Into Candidates
- Physicians: Timeline for 2014 Deadlines to Remember
- Spotlight on MMX Healthcare: Developing Reliable, Affordable Tools for ASC Data Tracking & Management
- Hand Hygiene Story Roundup