10 Mistakes to Avoid When Using EHRs
Here are the 10 biggest mistakes that physicians make when using EHRs:
1. Purchasing an EHR without making a site visit to a similar practice using the same EHR.
2. Signing an unvetted contract.
3. Neglecting to perform a workflow analysis.
4. Under-training physicians and staff on EHR use.
5. Refusing to purchase a laboratory or device interface.
6. Entering too much data into the EHR.
7. Doing EHR-related work your staffers should do.
8. Using shortcuts and workarounds.
9. Creating "shadow" paper documents.
10. Accepting inefficiency as the new status quo.
More Articles on Practice Management:28% of Orthopedic Surgeons Currently, Plan to Participate in ACOs
10 Ways to Improve Collections at Medical Practices
7 Ways to Earn Respect, Rather Than Demand It
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- North America leads global infection control market with 39.5% market share: 5 takeaways
- 'Nightmare bacteria ' making its way across US facilities baffles researchers: 4 things to know
- Allergan to pay $15M fine for not disclosing 2014 merger talks in timely manner & more— 6 GI company key notes
- 10 ASC revenue cycle trends and developments to watch in 2017
- Investment alternatives to reduce portfolio risk