10 Mistakes to Avoid When Using EHRs
Medscape Business of Medicine report.
Here are the 10 biggest mistakes that physicians make when using EHRs:
1. Purchasing an EHR without making a site visit to a similar practice using the same EHR.
2. Signing an unvetted contract.
3. Neglecting to perform a workflow analysis.
4. Under-training physicians and staff on EHR use.
5. Refusing to purchase a laboratory or device interface.
6. Entering too much data into the EHR.
7. Doing EHR-related work your staffers should do.
8. Using shortcuts and workarounds.
9. Creating "shadow" paper documents.
10. Accepting inefficiency as the new status quo.
More Articles on Practice Management:28% of Orthopedic Surgeons Currently, Plan to Participate in ACOs
10 Ways to Improve Collections at Medical Practices
7 Ways to Earn Respect, Rather Than Demand It
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2014. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
Dr. Kevin Daneshgar performs La Peer Surgery Center's first laparoscopic hysterectomyRead Now
- Baltimore Washington Eye Center adds Alcon CENTURION Vision System
- MRidium IV infusion pump system resumes U.S. distribution
- CMS announces new ICD-10 end-to-end testing opportunity for providers
- TiGenix submits Phase III Cx601 trial design to FDA for approval
- FDA approves new hepatitis C treatment drug