Wisconsin's Waukesha Memorial Hospital to Build Edwin A. Gallun Jr. Family Surgical Center
The ProHealth Care Foundation has announced plans for the Edwin A. Gallun Jr. Family Surgical Center, which will add 16 surgery suites to Waukesha Memorial Hospital, according to a Journal Sentinel Online report.
Edwin and Elfie Gallun, the owners of Metalcraft in Mayville, Wis., have pledged to give $2 million for the renovation.
Approximately 10,000 surgical procedures are performed at the hospital each year. "The amazing legacy of giving from the Gallun family has helped ProHealth Care enhance our facilities and stay on the leading edge of medicine," said Susan Edwards, CEO of the health system.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
Hennepin County Medical Center to Build $191M Clinic, Outpatient Surgery FacilityRead Now
- Randy Oostra, Michael Sanborn, and Dr. Michael Schatzlein to Speak at Becker's Hospital Meeting
- 6 Questions to Help Identify the Best Candidates for Hire
- Medical Device Industry leader to Know: Guntmar Eisen of Paradigm Spine
- Unique Methods of Payment: Opportunities for ASCs?
- ASC M&A Activity: 4 Big Trends for 2014 From HealthCare Appraisers