What Will Happen to CON Law in South Carolina?
South Carolina Senator Thomas Alexander (R-Oconee), chairman of the Senate budget subcommittee in charge of the Department of Health and Environmental Control, intends to restore the program's funding by July 1, according to an Aiken Standard report.
Senator Harvey Peeler (R-Cherokee) is sponsoring a bill that aims to reform the law by requiring the loser of a certificate of need appeal to pay the winner's legal fees.
More Articles on Transactions and Valuation Issues:
MFC Announces April Dividend
22 Proposed, Recently Opened or Expanded ASCs by Region
Physicians Group Puts Forward Offer to Create Palm Drive Hospital Surgery Center
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
Transaction tip of the day: planning for successionRead Now
- MEDNAX acquires Surgical Directions
- 35 summer reading picks for surgeons
- Becker's Healthcare announces ambulatory surgery center educational program
- Becker's Healthcare announces hospital chief information officer strategy roundtable
- Becker's Healthcare announces hospital chief executive officer strategy roundtable