Via Christi Hospital Nears Groundbreaking for New Surgery Center
Via Christi Hospital in Pittsburg, Kan., has received bids from five or seven general contractors invited to submit them and nears the groundbreaking for its $18 million surgical center, according to a Joplin Globe report.
The surgery center will be the largest expansion project the hospital has taken on since opening in 1971. Officials said the bids are being reviewed and will be announced Thursday.
The 40,000-square-foot, $18 million surgery center will be built on the southeast corner of the hospital and will contain five operating suites and two endoscopy procedure rooms.
Related Articles on Transactions & Valuation:
17 Surgery Centers Opened, Acquired or Planned in October 2012
Texas Baylor Surgical Center to Build $35M Surgery Center
Massachusetts Eye and Ear Opens New Outpatient Surgery Center in Boston
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- 15 Statistics on Accounts & Cases in Orthopedic-Driven ASCs
- 6 Proposed Legislative Changes Impacting Surgery Centers & Clinics
- Surgery Center of Fairfield County Opens in New Connecticut Location
- PENTAX Medical, Hitachi-Aloka Medical Continue Partnership to Pursue Endoscopic Ultrasound Systems Development
- 8 Recent GI-Driven Centers & Expansions