USPI Acquires Majority Interest in Somerset Ambulatory Surgery Center
"SASC was looking for a partner that could help navigate the rapidly changing healthcare environment, particularly in New Jersey, and help us grow," says David Abrutyn, MD, FAAOS, an orthopedic surgeon and sports medicine physician with Summit Medical Group. "USPI has the local New Jersey resources to help drive such growth and the proven reputation for successfully partnering with health systems if we choose to go that route."
SASC is a multispecialty, two-operating room surgery center with more than 20 physician owners.
"USPI is excited to add this high quality center to our current network of 14 centers across the state," says Michael Stroup, USPI senior vice president of acquisitions.
More Articles on Transactions and Valuation Issues:
6 Must-Reads for ASC Physicians Planning to Take on a Joint Venture Partner
3 Recent ASC Acquisitions
8 New ASC Openings, Plans & Expansions
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- National Patient Safety Foundation updates Online Patient Safety Curriculum: 6 points
- Kentucky Gov. Matt Bevin wants to transform state's Medicaid program: 7 things to know
- Cloud technology equips the healthcare industry in digital-focused world — 5 observations
- Dr. Wa Xian receives AGA funding for IBD stem cell research: 4 notes
- Vitality Biopharma announces new patent filing for IBD pain relief: 4 notes