Texas' Guadalupe Regional Medical Center Authorizes CEO to Negotiate for Surgery Center Acquisition
In a meeting on Tuesday night, the GRMC board of managers discussed the "possible purchase, exchange, lease or value" of the South Texas Surgical Center. The board unanimously approved the motion to pursue negotiations for the purchase of the surgical center's business and leasing of its building.
Mr. Haynes said negotiations might be completed by April 1.
South Texas Surgical Center is an 18,000-square-foot facility with four operating rooms and two procedure rooms. The administrative staff is headed by Ronald Mayhorn, MD, medical director, and Teri Wolff, administrator.
Related Articles on Transactions & Valuation:
NVISION Laser Eye Centers Acquires Two California Surgery Centers
5 Steps for Surgeons to Resolve Liability Insurance Before Employment Transition
9 Tactics for Hospitals to Build Effective Surgery Center Joint Ventures
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- Non-Medicaid expansion states could gain up to $27.9B in savings by expanding program: 4 takeaways
- Senate committee advances vote on Trump's FDA pick Dr. Scott Gottlieb
- GI leader to know: Dr. Michael Sagatelian of Palmetto Digestive Health Specialists
- Drs. Todd Baron & Kevin Collier: 2 GI physicians in the headlines
- New Century Spine and Outpatient Surgical Institute installs Indigo-Clean disinfecting lights