Texas' Guadalupe Regional Medical Center Authorizes CEO to Negotiate for Surgery Center Acquisition
In a meeting on Tuesday night, the GRMC board of managers discussed the "possible purchase, exchange, lease or value" of the South Texas Surgical Center. The board unanimously approved the motion to pursue negotiations for the purchase of the surgical center's business and leasing of its building.
Mr. Haynes said negotiations might be completed by April 1.
South Texas Surgical Center is an 18,000-square-foot facility with four operating rooms and two procedure rooms. The administrative staff is headed by Ronald Mayhorn, MD, medical director, and Teri Wolff, administrator.
Related Articles on Transactions & Valuation:
NVISION Laser Eye Centers Acquires Two California Surgery Centers
5 Steps for Surgeons to Resolve Liability Insurance Before Employment Transition
9 Tactics for Hospitals to Build Effective Surgery Center Joint Ventures
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- 8 statistics on urologist compensation
- A growing trend: 8 key statistics on private insurance exchanges
- APEX honors Iowa City Ambulatory Surgical Center: 5 key notes
- 4 key facts on HealthCare.gov's consumer privacy protections updates
- SCA acquires 7 facilities in Q2 2015, HCA shares fall 0.03% & more — 6 key notes on ASC companies