Tennessee's Erlanger Health System Reports $1.7M Loss in July, Despite Record Outpatient Surgery Numbers
Erlanger CEO Charlsetta Woodard-Thompson said Plaza Surgery, now fully owned by Erlanger, posted its highest outpatient surgical case volume in July. The Plaza Surgery outpatient volume jumped from 229 in March, 258 in April and 289 in May to 296 in June. In July, the outpatient surgery volume totaled 310 surgical cases.
She said although outpatient surgeries were slightly under budget in July, the health system has every reason to believe the July numbers reflect a local and national trend, due to the large number of vocational families and physicians, as well as hot weather in the South.
Related Articles on Transactions & Valuation:
Physicians Endoscopy Acquires Minority Interest in Illinois ASC
Pennsylvania's Danville Polyclinic Adds Physicians, Procedures to Affiliated ASC
Chesterfield Approves Overnight Stay for Missouri ASC; Hospitals Expected to Fight Decision
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- 9 Quality Reporting Programs to Know in the ASC Industry
- 5 Statistics on Surgery Center Shareholders' Equity Across the US
- ASGE Recognizes 6 Endoscopy Centers for Safety & Quality
- Joint Research Team Discovers New Method for Developing Anti-Diarrheal Drugs
- Long Island Digestive Disease Consultants Selects PriorityOne Group for IT