Symbion revenue leaps 7%: 5 2Q financial result insights
1. The company’s revenue was up 7.5 percent from $132.3 million in the second quarter of 2013 to $142.2 million in the second quarter of 2014. Symbion ended the quarter with $6.6 million in net income, up from $1.5 million in the second quarter of 2013.
2. Operating income rose from $13.2 million in the second quarter of 2013 to $22.3 million in the second quarter of this year. Operating expenses were $119.9 million, a slight increase from $119.1 million in the same period last year.
3. Symbion’s case volume dipped slightly from 55,384 cases performed in the second quarter of 2013 to 55,242 cases. But, patient services revenues grew from $131 million in the year prior to $140.8 million.
4. On June 13, Symbion entered into an agreement and plan of merger with Surgery Center Holdings. In the second quarter, Symbion incurred $2.3 million in related merger transaction costs.
5. As of June 30, Symbion owned 50 surgical facilities, 44 ambulatory surgery centers and six surgical hospitals. The company owns a majority stake in 30 of the 50 facilities.
More articles on transactions and valuation issues:
6 recent ASC acquisition & affiliation agreements
5 recently planned or opened ASCs
ASC physician succession planning in uncertain times: Critical thoughts for the future
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
Nemours Children's Health System to open ASC in New JerseyRead Now
- 3 ways to trim down ASC business office costs for more powerful revenue cycle management strategy
- Mobile health technology — 6 key notes for ASC leaders
- What is important for ASC leaders to know today? 3 key thoughts from Susan Kizirian
- Emory's "Team Ebola" to receive patient safety award
- 5 parasites that have travelled the world