Survey: 6 Reasons for Physician Practice Acquisitions
Trend Watch: Physician Practice acquisitions released by Jackson Healthcare, a healthcare staffing company.
The survey includes responses from 118 hospital executives. It was conducted between Nov. 1 and Dec. 15, 2012.
Here are six reasons for physician practice acquisitions, according to survey respondents:
• Physicians approach hospital/seek to sell their practices — 70 percent
• Build a competitive advantage — 58 percent
• Part of a physician recruitment strategy — 57 percent
• Maintain a competitive advantage — 55 percent
• Accountable care organization formation — 30 percent
• Improve patient safety — 28 percent
More Articles on Practice Management:Successful Small Businesses: 8 Words of Wisdom From Entrepreneurs
6 Recent Articles on Medical Practice Marketing Tips
5 Ways to Avoid Potential & Unexpected Medical Lawsuits
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review