Surgery Center Cedar Rapids Begins $3.4M Expansion Project
The project includes the addition of 7,000 square feet, a new entrance, two patient care rooms and two operating rooms.
The center currently performs an estimated 7,400 procedures a year. The expansion is predicted to allow for an additional 500 procedures per year.
The center is a joint venture including UnityPoint Health, St. Luke's Hospital and more than 100 physicians.
Scott Kallemeyn is the surgery center's administrator.
More Articles on Transactions and Valuation Issues:
Healthcare Transactions in 2014: 4 Trends to Watch
Hospital Partners: 4 Considerations for ASCs Before Taking the Plunge
10 Recent Ambulatory Surgery Center Plans, Openings & Expansions
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
VA Breaks Ground on Eugene Health Clinic, ASCRead Now
- "Joining an ACO, Being Employed by the Hospital, Immediate Benefits and Drawbacks and Long Term Prospects for the Spine Surgeon"
- ASC Payer Trends: Evolving Market Creates Opportunities for ASCs
- 4 Recent GI-Driven Center Openings & Technology Acquisitions
- CASA Welcomes 9 New Surgery Center Members
- Beverly Hills Surgery Center Hosts 1st Single-Site Robotic Hysterectomy in LA