St. John's Hospital Receives Approval for $8.5M Acquisition of Prairie Surgery Center
The State Journal-Register.
The surgery center was founded by ophthalmologist Sandra Yeh, MD. Three years ago, Dr. Yeh earned state approval and built the center for $3 million.
St. John's Hospital is considering seeking approval to expand the number of specialties offered at the center.
Dr. Yeh will continue to practice at the nearby Prairie Eye and Lasik Center, of which she is a part owner. St. John's Hospital has not announced plans to employ Dr. Yeh or any other physicians performing procedures at the center.
St. John's will hire 19 staff members of the surgery center and offer them signing bonuses.
More Articles on Transactions and Valuation Issues:
How Has the ASC Acquisitions Market Changed?
San Antonio Orthopaedic Group Remodels ASC for More ORs
CONs in the ASC Industry: A Brief History & Analysis
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- Missouri Ambulatory Surgery Center Association Elects Sandi Baber to Board
- 4 Keys to a Clinically Integrated Supply Chain
- It's Go Time: The Final Preparations for ICD-10
- Kenny Hancock of Meridian Surgical Partners to Speak at Becker's June Conference
- ASC Strategy: Key Thoughts on Patient Volume Growth Opportunities