St. John's Hospital Receives Approval for $8.5M Acquisition of Prairie Surgery Center
The State Journal-Register.
The surgery center was founded by ophthalmologist Sandra Yeh, MD. Three years ago, Dr. Yeh earned state approval and built the center for $3 million.
St. John's Hospital is considering seeking approval to expand the number of specialties offered at the center.
Dr. Yeh will continue to practice at the nearby Prairie Eye and Lasik Center, of which she is a part owner. St. John's Hospital has not announced plans to employ Dr. Yeh or any other physicians performing procedures at the center.
St. John's will hire 19 staff members of the surgery center and offer them signing bonuses.
More Articles on Transactions and Valuation Issues:
How Has the ASC Acquisitions Market Changed?
San Antonio Orthopaedic Group Remodels ASC for More ORs
CONs in the ASC Industry: A Brief History & Analysis
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
Medical Facilities Corporation releases July dividendRead Now
- Boosting pay at eye centers: Q&A with Bergen-Passaic Cataract Surgery Center's Caroline Ivanovski-Hauser
- American Society of Anesthesiologists launches Perioperative Surgical Home Learning Collaborative
- 5 surgical time-out solutions
- New anesthesia algorithm boosts sleep apnea diagnoses, saves lives
- Humble leaders could be the most profitable: here's why