Sinai Hospital of Baltimore Opens Surgery Center for Elderly Patients
Baltimore Sun report.
The Sinai Center for Geriatric Surgery is led by Mark R. Katlic, MD, chief of surgery at Sinai Hospital.
"The conditions that often require surgery — cancer, atherosclerosis, degenerative joint disease, cataracts, prostate disease and gallstones — increase in incidence with increasing age," Dr. Katlic said in a statement. "Older patients will benefit from surgery to improve the length and quality of their lives."
Sinai Hospital of Baltimore is part of the LifeBridge Health System.
Related Articles on Transactions & Valuation:
5 Steps for ASC Real Estate Monetization
4 Factors Affecting ASC Valuation and Sales
20 Surgery Centers Planned or Opened in November 2012
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
Dr. Nameer Haider officially breaks ground on OMNI Surgical Center: 4 things to knowRead Now
- 24 staffing statistics for orthopedic surgery centers
- Rocheford Plastic Surgery receives reader's choice award: 4 things to know
- 3 points on Las Vegas' booming outpatient surgery market
- 5 key quotes from NPSF president on patient safety culture
- In which states do physicians earn the most & the least?