Sinai Hospital of Baltimore Opens Surgery Center for Elderly Patients
The Sinai Center for Geriatric Surgery is led by Mark R. Katlic, MD, chief of surgery at Sinai Hospital.
"The conditions that often require surgery — cancer, atherosclerosis, degenerative joint disease, cataracts, prostate disease and gallstones — increase in incidence with increasing age," Dr. Katlic said in a statement. "Older patients will benefit from surgery to improve the length and quality of their lives."
Sinai Hospital of Baltimore is part of the LifeBridge Health System.
Related Articles on Transactions & Valuation:
5 Steps for ASC Real Estate Monetization
4 Factors Affecting ASC Valuation and Sales
20 Surgery Centers Planned or Opened in November 2012
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- This peptide may treat bacterial infections: 3 study insights
- Crohn's & Colitis Foundation shares results from IBD Qorus pilot program: 3 notes
- Patients over 75 years old may not benefit from colonoscopy: 4 study insights
- FDA approves Janssen Biotech's STELARA; Boston Scientific leads GI/endoscopic device market & more: 7 GI company key notes
- Outpatient hip resurfacing lowers cost up to 60%: 5 study insights