Sinai Hospital of Baltimore Opens Surgery Center for Elderly Patients
The Sinai Center for Geriatric Surgery is led by Mark R. Katlic, MD, chief of surgery at Sinai Hospital.
"The conditions that often require surgery — cancer, atherosclerosis, degenerative joint disease, cataracts, prostate disease and gallstones — increase in incidence with increasing age," Dr. Katlic said in a statement. "Older patients will benefit from surgery to improve the length and quality of their lives."
Sinai Hospital of Baltimore is part of the LifeBridge Health System.
Related Articles on Transactions & Valuation:
5 Steps for ASC Real Estate Monetization
4 Factors Affecting ASC Valuation and Sales
20 Surgery Centers Planned or Opened in November 2012
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- Texas Medical Association names Dr. Carlos Cardenas president-elect: 3 points
- Mederi Therapeutics launches 3rd generation of Stretta technology: 5 things to know
- Boston Scientific's net sales of $1.96B in Q1 2016: 7 key notes
- Vanderbilt University School of Medicine names Dr. Jesse Ehrenfeld education research director: 3 notes
- CMS publishes final fire safety updates for healthcare facilities, including ASCs: 4 key provisions