Sinai Hospital of Baltimore Opens Surgery Center for Elderly Patients
Baltimore Sun report.
The Sinai Center for Geriatric Surgery is led by Mark R. Katlic, MD, chief of surgery at Sinai Hospital.
"The conditions that often require surgery — cancer, atherosclerosis, degenerative joint disease, cataracts, prostate disease and gallstones — increase in incidence with increasing age," Dr. Katlic said in a statement. "Older patients will benefit from surgery to improve the length and quality of their lives."
Sinai Hospital of Baltimore is part of the LifeBridge Health System.
Related Articles on Transactions & Valuation:
5 Steps for ASC Real Estate Monetization
4 Factors Affecting ASC Valuation and Sales
20 Surgery Centers Planned or Opened in November 2012
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
Hospital of Central Connecticut Awaiting Approval to Open Orthopedic ASC After Inpatient OR ClosingRead Now
- Randy Oostra, Michael Sanborn, and Dr. Michael Schatzlein to Speak at Becker's Hospital Meeting
- 6 Questions to Help Identify the Best Candidates for Hire
- Medical Device Industry leader to Know: Guntmar Eisen of Paradigm Spine
- Unique Methods of Payment: Opportunities for ASCs?
- ASC M&A Activity: 4 Big Trends for 2014 From HealthCare Appraisers