Sinai Hospital of Baltimore Opens Surgery Center for Elderly Patients
Baltimore Sun report.
The Sinai Center for Geriatric Surgery is led by Mark R. Katlic, MD, chief of surgery at Sinai Hospital.
"The conditions that often require surgery — cancer, atherosclerosis, degenerative joint disease, cataracts, prostate disease and gallstones — increase in incidence with increasing age," Dr. Katlic said in a statement. "Older patients will benefit from surgery to improve the length and quality of their lives."
Sinai Hospital of Baltimore is part of the LifeBridge Health System.
Related Articles on Transactions & Valuation:
5 Steps for ASC Real Estate Monetization
4 Factors Affecting ASC Valuation and Sales
20 Surgery Centers Planned or Opened in November 2012
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
$5B in medical office buildings sold in 2014 — And investors are ready for moreRead Now
- Dr. Michael Hicks to serve as UNT Health Science Center's EVP of clinical affairs
- GI physician leader to know: Dr. Brett Bernstein of Mount Sinai Beth Israel
- 6 must-reads on GERD diagnosis & treatment
- New Mexico Laser Eye Center to open this spring
- FUJIFILM SonoSite, Floating Doctors launches new video series