Scottsdale Healthcare & Sovereign Healthcare Acquire Majority Ownership of Arizona's Biltmore Surgical Center
Scottsdale Healthcare and its joint venture partner Sovereign Healthcare have completed a transaction, acquiring majority ownership of Biltmore Surgical Center in Phoenix, Ariz., according to a Business Wire report.
The transaction allows Scottsdale Healthcare to expand patient access to off-campus outpatient surgery services and strengthen alignment with physicians.
Biltmore Surgical Center opened in late 2010, and Scottsdale Healthcare, through its joint venture with Sovereign, has been a minority partner. Through this transaction, the Scottsdale Healthcare/Sovereign joint venture will now have three majority-owned outpatient surgery centers.
Biltmore Surgical Center will continue to be owned in partnership with almost 25 physician specialists.
Related Articles on Transactions & Valuation:
10 Surgery Center Openings & Approvals in CON States
First Surgical Partners Intends to Go Private
Connecticut's Middlesex Hospital to Acquire Nearby GI-Driven ASC
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- House Votes to Repeal the PPACA — for 37th Time
- 6 Statistics on Concierge and Direct Pay Physician Practices
- Best Practices: Documentation and Reporting for Post-Operative Pain Management Procedures in Anesthesia
- 5 Things to Know About Medical Office Visits in 2012
- Medical Facilities Corporation Reports Higher Revenue After Arkansas Surgical Hospital Acquisition