SCA's Surgery Center of Santa Monica & Sovereign Healthcare's Surgery Center of the Pacific to Combine Operations
Surgery Center of the Pacific and Surgery Center of Santa Monica have executed a letter of intent to combine operations and will provide outpatient surgical care from one location, under the Surgery of the Pacific name, by late 2012.
Surgery Center of the Pacific is currently an affiliate of Sovereign Healthcare and is owned in partnership with approximately 20 physicians. It has primarily provided orthopedic surgical services, along with pain management, general surgery and podiatric surgery, in addition to other specialties.
Surgery Center of Santa Monica is currently an affiliate of Surgical Care Affiliates and is owned in partnership with more than a dozen physicians. It operates a large multi-specialty surgery center in Santa Monica and provides surgical services for ophthalmology, gynecology, general surgery, gastroenterology, ENT, podiatric and other surgeries.
Surgery Center of the Pacific and Surgery Center of Santa Monica plan to combine entities, with Sovereign and SCA joining forces and working together to provide management services.
Related Articles on Transactions & Valuation:
Tennessee's Franklin Endoscopy Center Seeks to Expand, Add Up to 20 Surgeons
Montana's Billings VA Clinic to Build Outpatient Surgery Center
Highmark, Pennsylvania's Largest Insurer, to Build 10 Medical Malls With ASCs
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Study: Shorter Hospital Stays Resulted From BMP in Lumbar Fusions
- FDA Approves Bausch + Lomb TRULIGN Astigmatism Correction Lens
- Healthcare Providers Not Incentivized to Provide Superior Care
- Covidien Releases Clinical Trial Results Supporting the Use of Endoscopic Ablation Therapy as Barrett's Esophagus Treatment
- Study: 56% of Med Students Wouldn't Speak Up About Possible Adverse Event