SCA revenue climbs 10%: 5 2Q financial report insights
reported its second quarter 2014 financial results. Here are five key insights from the report.
1. Total net operating revenues, excluding revenues from centers in which SCA does not hold a controlling interest, rose 8 percent from $196.7 million in the second quarter of 2013 to $212.4 million. System-wide revenue, including all centers in which the company has an interest or manages, rose 10.2 percent.
2. The company's cash flow from operating activities was $42.3 million, up 7.3 percent from the second quarter of last year. Operating cash flow less distributions to non-controlling interests increased 34.5 percent from $12.9 million in the prior year to $17.3 million.
3. SCA's net income, including certain non-cash and non-recurring expenses, was $6 million, compared to $9.8 million in net loss attributable to the company in the second quarter of 2013.
4. "Our acquisition pipeline remains robust and the acquisition activity is accelerating as we enter the back half of the year. We remain pleased with our development program and our outlook remains positive as we continue to optimize our existing portfolio while we deploy capital in attractive opportunities in current markets and with new health system partners," said president and CEO Andrew Hayek.
5. System-wide net patient revenue per case increased 4.9 percent from the second quarter of 2013. The growth in system-wide revenue was driven by acquisitions, changes in case volume and changes in certain payer contract rates. SCA reiterates its previous guidance, which sets adjusted EBITDA less NCI in the rage of $154 million to $158 million.
More articles on transactions and valuation issues:
Symbion revenue leaps 7%: 5 2Q financial result highlights
Transaction tip of the day: Physician buy-in process
5 recent ASC expansions
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
USPI Q1 revenue up 9%, Nueterra acquires 3rd party administrator, Tenet profit reaches $47M — 6 key company notesRead Now
- TriState Centers for Sight acquires MidWest EyeCenter — 6 things to know
- Ironwood Pharmaceuticals reports Q1 activity — 4 key updates
- 8 key notes on accreditation survey processes
- How to evaluate business performance and excellence in ASCs: Your ASC business operations checkup
- GI physician leader to know: Dr. Blair Lewis of Carnegie Hill Endoscopy