Rex Healthcare Seeks Surgeons for Joint Venture ASC Project
Rex Healthcare, a subsidiary of UNC Healthcare already operates two similar projects in the state. For the new project, Rex Healthcare intends to convert the operating room at its Wakefield campus to the ASC. The process would cost less than $500,000 and require regulatory filings.
The new ASC may be a key step in competing with neighboring facilities. WakeMed Health & Hospitals operates Capital City Surgery Center in Raleigh, N.C. Earlier this month, a group of 20 OrthoCarolina physicians opened the $4.9 million Mallard Creek Surgery Center in Charlotte, N.C.
More Articles on Transactions and Valuation Issues:
Medical Facilities Corporation Q1 2014 Financial Results: 5 Key Insights
Northstar Healthcare Q1 Financial Results: 5 Key Takeaways
St. Mary Medical Center to Build Surgery Center in Indiana
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- Pediatric dental, medical procedures performed in single visit reduce anesthesia exposure: 5 study insights
- Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease associated with $103B in annual medical costs: 3 study insights
- AGA launches patient education platform for IBD, pregnancy concerns: 3 notes
- 3 things to know about Reproductive Science Center of New Jersey's accreditation
- GI leader to know: Dr. R. David Shepard of Florida Medical Clinic