Regent Surgical Health Opens Joint Venture Surgery Center in Portland: 5 Things to Know
opened the joint venture Plaza Ambulatory Surgery Center in Portland, Ore. Here are five things to know about the new ASC.
1. Plaza Ambulatory Surgery Center is a joint venture between Regent Surgical Health, local physicians and Providence Health & Services. Regent will also provided management services for the center.
2. The ASC is located on Providence Health & Service's Providence Portland Medical Center campus. "We know patients already are migrating from hospital to ambulatory surgery centers throughout the city. This provides a lower cost, high quality center on our campus to serve our patients and provides our physicians an opportunity to develop and invest in an ambulatory surgery center with Providence," said Providence Portland Medical Center CEO Paul Gaden in the report.
3. Regent Surgical Health owns a minority share in the center. "Plaza ASC is the latest implementation of the classic Regent physician/hospital surgery center joint venture model, which is an ASC ownership structure that has proven to promote excellent patient care and successful, lasting businesses," said Regent CEO Tom Mallon in the report.
4. The multispecialty surgery center will offer orthopedics, podiatry, pain management, ENT, neurology, urology and general surgery. Surgeons have already begun performing cases at the center.
5. Justin Rufener, MD, a board-certified ENT physician, serves as the Plaza ASC board president. "My physician partners and I expect to serve thousands of patients each year at this new facility," said Dr. Rufener in the report.
More Articles on Transactions and Valuation Issues:
3 Recently Opened & Expanded Ambulatory Surgery Centers
3 ASC Transaction Trends: Q&A With Dr. Stacey Berner of SurgCenter Development
14 ASC Industry Transactions in 2014 so Far
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
AmSurg shares get 1.33 rating — 4 quick factsRead Now
- Immunotherapy may extend pancreatic cancer patient survival: 6 key notes
- WAMC Gastrointestinal Endoscopy unit receives recognition for excellence: 5 key notes
- Woman wins $1.5M in verdict after Bloomsburg University Nurse Anesthesia Program dismissal
- 4 things to know about rising rates of chlorine-resistant parasite
- Drew Memorial Hospital discuss plans for new surgery center project: 5 key notes