Physicians Endoscopy, Physician Partners to Open Endoscopy Center in Gaston Country
The physicians initially filed a certificate of need application in 2010 and received conditional approval in 2011, but CaroMont Health filed an appeal of the decision claiming a new endoscopy center would cause it significant financial detriment.
After three years, the North Carolina Court of Appeals has denied CaroMont's claim.
Pending final approval from the state, construction of the two-endoscopy room center will begin next year with a tentative opening date in the summer.
More Articles on Transactions and Valuation Issues:
AmSurg CFO Sells 48,380 Shares
6 Statistics on Surgery Center Case Volume Based on Net Revenue
Surgical Arts on State Opens in Santa Barbara
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
Hennepin County Medical Center to Build $191M Clinic, Outpatient Surgery FacilityRead Now
- Randy Oostra, Michael Sanborn, and Dr. Michael Schatzlein to Speak at Becker's Hospital Meeting
- 6 Questions to Help Identify the Best Candidates for Hire
- Medical Device Industry leader to Know: Guntmar Eisen of Paradigm Spine
- Unique Methods of Payment: Opportunities for ASCs?
- ASC M&A Activity: 4 Big Trends for 2014 From HealthCare Appraisers