Physicians Endoscopy, Physician Partners to Open Endoscopy Center in Gaston Country
The physicians initially filed a certificate of need application in 2010 and received conditional approval in 2011, but CaroMont Health filed an appeal of the decision claiming a new endoscopy center would cause it significant financial detriment.
After three years, the North Carolina Court of Appeals has denied CaroMont's claim.
Pending final approval from the state, construction of the two-endoscopy room center will begin next year with a tentative opening date in the summer.
More Articles on Transactions and Valuation Issues:
AmSurg CFO Sells 48,380 Shares
6 Statistics on Surgery Center Case Volume Based on Net Revenue
Surgical Arts on State Opens in Santa Barbara
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
What Will Happen to CON Law in South Carolina?Read Now
- 5 Recent ASC Industry Leadership Moves & Honors
- Barrington Pain and Spine Institute Gets State Approval for Spine Surgery Services
- Top 5 Specialty Physicians Who Offer Ancillary Services
- FOAA Anesthesia Services' Dr. Srinivas Sharma to Serve as Featured Panelist at Mid-Atlantic Anesthesia Research Conference
- FDA Recalls ARKON Anesthesia System With Version 2.0 Software