Physicians Endoscopy Acquires Minority Interest in Illinois ASC
DDEC is a joint venture partnership between five physicians, BroMenn Physicians Management Corporation and Physicians Endoscopy, which will provide management services to the facility. DDEC is a single-specialty ambulatory surgery center focusing on gastrointestinal disorders. The center performs nearly 4,000 procedures annually.
The three-room, 6,000-square-foot center is located on the Advocate BroMenn Healthcare Campus and connected to the medical center via a skywalk. The center includes four board-certified gastroenterologists: Kenneth Schoenig, MD, medical director; Thomas DeWeert, MD; Philip Koszyk, MD; and Vijay Misra, MD; and one board-certified colorectal surgeon, Darryl Fernandes, MD.
"Over the past year, we've contemplated adding a corporate partner to our business. Our partnership with Physicians Endoscopy provides the ideal business structure. PE has the knowledge and expertise that our center needs to run a seamless operation and take us to the next level. We look forward to a long, successful relationship," said Dr. Schoenig.
Learn more about Physicians Endoscopy.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- ASC Landscape in 2014 & Beyond: Healthcare Reform's Biggest Threats, Opportunities
- 4 Steps to Include in Your ICD-10 Transition Plan
- Physicians: 6 Tips for Managing an Online Reputation
- HSHS Medical, Sangamon Associated Anesthesiologists Collaborate for Enhanced Surgical Services in Illinois
- New England Baptist Outpatient Care Center Goes Live With Anesthesia Touch