Physicians Endoscopy Acquires Majority Share of Endoscopy Center of Bucks County
The center is the closest in proximity to Physicians Endoscopy's corporate office and was the sixth acquisition for the company in 2012. The center has three procedure rooms and eight physicians and opened in 2006. The center is expected to perform 7,000 procedures annually.
"PE was initially contacted by the physicians in November 2012. They wanted to quickly close the transaction before the end of the year to benefit from the capital gains tax. It was an extraordinary effort by all parties to navigate through the due diligence and legal process in a matter of 60 days. Fortunately, the center's administrative and physician teams were extremely organized and committed to keeping to our tightly structured transaction timeline. It was evident from the outset this would be a great partnership," said Carol Stopa, vice president of new business development for Physicians Endoscopy.
Learn more about Physicians Endoscopy.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- Tenet's adjusted EBITDA soars to $570M in Q3; AmSurg, Envision Healthcare shareholders approve merger & more — 5 key notes
- Best practices for coding & billing 4 common GYN procedures
- Dr. Gary Dequina joins Genesis Healthcare System
- AGA releases animated video for GERD education: 3 highlights
- July/August 2016 Issue of Becker's ASC Review