Outpatient Growth Drives Tenet's Net Income Boost in 3Q
CBS News report.
Tenet shares rose nearly 10 percent in afternoon trading as the re-election of President Obama gave boost to hospital stocks. Tenet, which runs 49 hospitals and 100 outaptient facilities, reported strong growth in outpatient surgery and emergency room visits.
Adjusted admissions, a figure that includes both inpatient admissions and outpatient procedures, rose 1.4 percent from a year ago.
Related Articles on Transactions & Valuation:
AmSurg to Remain Acquisitive, Grow Revenue, Says SAP
Novant Health Unsuccessfully Challenges Wake Forest Baptist Surgery Center
California's Orange Coast Surgery Center Sells for $2.6M
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- How Physician Thinking Changes After Working in ACOs
- 2014 Financial Impact Analysis Doesn't Stop With CMS' Final Rule: Don't Neglect CMS NCCI Edits
- 4 Drivers of Recent M&A Activity in Healthcare
- 8 Reasons to Outsource Medical Billing Services
- 5 ICD-10 Transition Considerations Medical Practices Have Likely Not Thought About