Outpatient Growth Drives Tenet's Net Income Boost in 3Q
CBS News report.
Tenet shares rose nearly 10 percent in afternoon trading as the re-election of President Obama gave boost to hospital stocks. Tenet, which runs 49 hospitals and 100 outaptient facilities, reported strong growth in outpatient surgery and emergency room visits.
Adjusted admissions, a figure that includes both inpatient admissions and outpatient procedures, rose 1.4 percent from a year ago.
Related Articles on Transactions & Valuation:
AmSurg to Remain Acquisitive, Grow Revenue, Says SAP
Novant Health Unsuccessfully Challenges Wake Forest Baptist Surgery Center
California's Orange Coast Surgery Center Sells for $2.6M
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
Davis Surgery Center, UC Davis Medical Center Create Affiliation AgreementRead Now
- 4 Tips for ASCs to Select a Business Analytics System and Streamline Collections
- Business Advisor Relationships: 4 Common Mistakes ASCs Make
- Corporate Compliance Committees: Why Healthcare Facilities Need One
- PriorityOne Launches New Corporate Identity, Moves to Bigger Office
- Online Preoperative Screening Advantages: Q&A With Ambulatory Surgical Center of Stevens Point's Becky Ziegler-Otis