Orthopaedic Associates of Maryland ASC, Ellicott City ASC merge: 4 things to know
1. The ASC merger is a joint venture between Merritt Healthcare and 14 physician partners. The physicians practice in specialties including orthopedics, sports medicine, hand surgery, spine surgery, pain management, gynecology and gastroenterology.
2. The surgery center will also offer general surgery and ophthalmology. The Ellicott City facility has four operating rooms and one procedure room.
3. The surgery center will maintain its state license, Medicare certification and AAAHC accreditation.
4. Merritt Healthcare, based in Somers, N.Y., currently has 10 ASCs under management, ownership and development. Matthew Searles, MBA, and William Mulhall, RN, CASC, serve as managing partners of the company.
More Articles on Transactions and Valuation Issues:
57 Ambulatory Surgery Centers Opened or Announced in 2014
6 Must-Reads for ASC Physicians Planning to Take on a Joint Venture Partner
Houston Healthcare Expands Surgery Center
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- Florida Hospital HealthCare Partners names coding, compliance director — 4 points
- Vaccinated man excreted polio virus for almost 28 years — 5 facts
- Boosting productivity among ASC staff
- Novia Strategies partners with 340B Health: 5 points
- North America dominating global disposable gloves market: 7 key points