Orthopaedic Associates of Maryland ASC, Ellicott City ASC merge: 4 things to know
merged and will consolidate operations in Ellicott City, Md. Here are four insights into the transaction.
1. The ASC merger is a joint venture between Merritt Healthcare and 14 physician partners. The physicians practice in specialties including orthopedics, sports medicine, hand surgery, spine surgery, pain management, gynecology and gastroenterology.
2. The surgery center will also offer general surgery and ophthalmology. The Ellicott City facility has four operating rooms and one procedure room.
3. The surgery center will maintain its state license, Medicare certification and AAAHC accreditation.
4. Merritt Healthcare, based in Somers, N.Y., currently has 10 ASCs under management, ownership and development. Matthew Searles, MBA, and William Mulhall, RN, CASC, serve as managing partners of the company.
More Articles on Transactions and Valuation Issues:
57 Ambulatory Surgery Centers Opened or Announced in 2014
6 Must-Reads for ASC Physicians Planning to Take on a Joint Venture Partner
Houston Healthcare Expands Surgery Center
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2014. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
49 hospitals & health systems opening, announcing ASCs in 2014Read Now
- ASC staff management primer: 10 key articles for surgery center leaders
- Dr. Jacquelyn Short joins LaFollette Eye Clinic
- Engage the disengaged: 9 tips for underperforming employees
- Flexion Therapeutics prices underwritten public offering of 5.04M shares
- CMS approves Yorkville Endoscopy's plan to stay open