Officials to Vote on URMC Surgery Center Proposal in February
Rochester Business Journal report.
URMC initially filed a single certificate of need application for the surgery center and freestanding ED, but now is asking for separate approvals. The medical center hoped the conversion would be approved last fall, but the surgery center project is expected to come to a vote in February.
The Brockport facility is currently operating as an urgent care facility. If the Public Health and Health Planning Council approves the surgery center project, the center could open in mid-2014.
More Articles on Transactions and Valuation Issues:
48 Statistics on ASC Case Volume Mix Across the US
Washington Health System to Open Surgery Center in October
MedProperties Holdings, Caddis Partners Acquire Animas Surgical Hospital
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
Hennepin County Medical Center to Build $191M Clinic, Outpatient Surgery FacilityRead Now
- Dotty Bollinger of Laser Spine Institute to Present at Becker's June Conference
- 5 Things to Know About Medline's Acquisition of Spine Technology From Amendia
- 7 Things to Know About Collect Rx
- Guy A. Medaglia, Cynthia Moore-Hardy, and Sharon O'Keefe to Speak at Becker's Hospital Meeting
- 15 CPT & Coding Issues for Orthopedics & Spine