Novant Health Unsuccessfully Challenges Wake Forest Baptist Surgery Center
Greensboro Business Journal report.
In the opinion this week, the court said Novant failed to show it would suffer harm from the new surgery center, beyond what would result from additional competition. With its ruling, the court supposed two earlier decisions by the state Department of Health and Human Services to allow the surgery center to be built. Both decisions have been challenged by Novant.
Denise Gunter, an attorney with Nelson Mullins representing Novant, said "we disagree strongly" with the opinion, adding that the court ignored evidence of the additional harm to the system from the ASC.
Related Articles on Transactions & Valuation:
California's Orange Coast Surgery Center Sells for $2.6M
AmSurg to Remain Acquisitive, Grow Revenue, Says S&P
Colorado Eye Practices Consolidate, Build 10,000-Square-Foot Surgery Center
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
Nemours Children's Health System to open ASC in New JerseyRead Now
- 3 ways to trim down ASC business office costs for more powerful revenue cycle management strategy
- Mobile health technology — 6 key notes for ASC leaders
- What is important for ASC leaders to know today? 3 key thoughts from Susan Kizirian
- Emory's "Team Ebola" to receive patient safety award
- 5 parasites that have travelled the world