Novant Health Unsuccessfully Challenges Wake Forest Baptist Surgery Center
Greensboro Business Journal report.
In the opinion this week, the court said Novant failed to show it would suffer harm from the new surgery center, beyond what would result from additional competition. With its ruling, the court supposed two earlier decisions by the state Department of Health and Human Services to allow the surgery center to be built. Both decisions have been challenged by Novant.
Denise Gunter, an attorney with Nelson Mullins representing Novant, said "we disagree strongly" with the opinion, adding that the court ignored evidence of the additional harm to the system from the ASC.
Related Articles on Transactions & Valuation:
California's Orange Coast Surgery Center Sells for $2.6M
AmSurg to Remain Acquisitive, Grow Revenue, Says S&P
Colorado Eye Practices Consolidate, Build 10,000-Square-Foot Surgery Center
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- 7 Guidelines for Preparing a News Release About Surgery Center Accreditation
- Hiring Physicians: 6 Questions Providing Insight Into Candidates
- Physicians: Timeline for 2014 Deadlines to Remember
- Spotlight on MMX Healthcare: Developing Reliable, Affordable Tools for ASC Data Tracking & Management
- Hand Hygiene Story Roundup