Novant Health Moves Rarely Used OR to Another County as an ASC
The surgery center, which will open in late 2016, will allow Novant to provide better access to medical care for Franklin County residents, according to the report. Those who oppose the OR's move have until May 29 to appeal the decision.
Officials at the medical center said the third operating room, located in the hospital, is primarily used for storage purposes, according to the report.
More Articles on Transactions & Valuations:
Surgical Care Affiliates 1Q Financial Results: 5 Key Points
HSA PrimeCare Completes Sale & Leaseback of Indiana Surgery Center
CHI St. Luke's Health Plans $110M ASC, Medical Office Building in Texas
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- Patient identification mistakes may have fatal consequences — 4 takeaways from the ECRI Institute Patient Safety Organization's recent analysis
- House considers ACA mandate exemption as co-ops continue to shut down — 4 key notes
- Why millennials aren't buying into the ACA — 5 points
- Mylan chief executive gives inaccurate depiction of profits during congressional hearing — 6 things to know
- New Jersey Association of Ambulatory Surgery Centers appoints 4 new leaders