Novant Health Moves Rarely Used OR to Another County as an ASC
The surgery center, which will open in late 2016, will allow Novant to provide better access to medical care for Franklin County residents, according to the report. Those who oppose the OR's move have until May 29 to appeal the decision.
Officials at the medical center said the third operating room, located in the hospital, is primarily used for storage purposes, according to the report.
More Articles on Transactions & Valuations:
Surgical Care Affiliates 1Q Financial Results: 5 Key Points
HSA PrimeCare Completes Sale & Leaseback of Indiana Surgery Center
CHI St. Luke's Health Plans $110M ASC, Medical Office Building in Texas
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2014. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
3 market drivers of the movement of spine, total joint cases to ASCsRead Now
- Medicare inspections & survey readiness: Key concepts for success
- Streamlining the Life Safety Code® Survey
- International Anesthesia Research Society to issue $1.3M+ in research awards in 2015
- Top 10 common physician credentialing mistakes ASCs make
- Financial leadership playbook: The essential skills for a CFO in gastroenterology