Northstar Healthcare to Restructure Equity of Dallas Surgery Center
Northstar Healthcare has announced it will restructure the equity of Northstar's affiliated Dallas-area ambulatory surgery center, Microsurgery Institute, according to an Equities report.
Northstar increased its equity ownership in Microsurgery Institute from 25 percent to 50 percent. Donald Kramer, CEO of Northstar, stated, "We're very excited about the re-syndication of our Dallas center. Several well-respected Dallas surgeons are performing cases at Microsurgery Institute, and this agreement will position Microsurgery Institute to recruit new member-physicians."
Northstar partners with physicians in the ownership and management of ambulatory facilities and healthcare services. The company owns and manages interest in three ambulatory surgery centers in Texas.
Related Articles on Transactions and Valuation:
Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center's Proposed $38.7M ASC Remains in Limbo
Maryland Proposes Steep Licensing Fee Increase for Surgery Centers
New Life Center for Bariatric Surgery Relocates in Knoxville
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Senate Introduces Companion Medicare RAC Reform Bill
- Drs. Brian Cole, Anthony Romeo of Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush Among Top Orthopedic Surgeons Contributing to Orthopedic Literature
- Spinal Elements Upgrades to 40,000-Square-Foot Headquarters
- UnitedHealth, Aetna, Cigna to Sit Out of California's Health Insurance Exchange
- Rhode Island Nixes "Confidential" Prices Between Payors, Providers