Northstar Healthcare Q1 Financial Results: 5 Key Takeaways
announced its first quarter financial results. Here are five highlights.
1. Northstar reported net patient service revenue of $12.1 million, up 194.1 percent from $4.1 million in the first quarter of 2013. The company reported a total of 1,499 cases performed in the first quarter, up 43.6 percent from the 1,044 cases performed in the first quarter of 2013. "We have exceeded our internal revenue estimated by 8 percent in the first quarter," said Northstar Healthcare CFO Harry Fleming in the report.
2. The company reported $0.4 million in EBITDA, due to the increase in net patient service revenue. Comparatively, the company reported $.05 million in EBITDA in the first quarter of 2013. "With the first quarter being the weakest in our industry due to seasonality, we are extremely satisfied with these results as we have almost tripled revenues over the corresponding first quarter of 2013," said Mr. Fleming in the report.
3. The increase in patient service revenue was offset by a rise in operating and administrative expenses. Northstar invested revenue in growth and diversification, according to the report. In its first quarter, the company launched two new marketing campaigns that are expected to begin yielding results in the second and third quarters of this year.
3. Northstar reported $2.3 million in cash flow provided by operating activities in its first quarter. Cash flow increased $2.2 million from the first quarter of 2013.
5. Northstar reported $7.6 million, including $5.9 million in cash, of consolidated net working capital. In the first quarter of 2013, the company reported $8.7 million, including $5.6 million in cash, of consolidated net working capital. As of March 31, the company owned interest in and managed four ASCs, two imaging centers and one urgent care clinic.
More Articles on Transactions and Valuation Issues:
Novant Healthcare Moves Rarely Used OR to Another County as an ASC
Surgical Care Affiliates 1Q Financial Results: 5 Key Points
USPI 1Q Financial Results & Development Activity: 5 Key Points
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2014. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
Foundation HealthCare revenue climbs 16%: 5 3Q financial report notesRead Now
- Consumer and clinician opinions on big data, telehealth and mHealth: 8 things to know
- Innovation's moral quandary: When am I obligated to reinvent the wheel?
- House Republicans sue Obama administration over PPACA: 5 things to know
- Just 1% of organizations will eliminate healthcare coverage, survey finds
- DOJ recovers $2.3B in healthcare False Claims Act cases in FY 2014