North Carolina Hospitals Take Next Step Toward Finalizing Merger
Mission Health System in Asheville, N.C., and Transylvania Regional Hospital in Brevard, N.C., have approved a memorandum of understanding, putting them one step closer to finalizing the terms of an affiliation agreement, according to a report in The Asheville Citizen-Times.
The hospitals will next need to create a legally binding agreement, which will include several months of detailed analysis by both parties, according to the report. TRH and Mission announced their plans to investigate an affiliation in February.
Angel Medical Center in Franklin, N.C., announced that it will also pursue an affiliation with Mission.
Read the Citizen-Times' report on the TRH and Mission affiliation.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- The 4 "Hanging Chads" of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act
- 8 Trends in ASC Payor Rates & Contract Negotiations
- 15 Statistics on Accounts & Cases in Orthopedic-Driven ASCs
- 6 Proposed Legislative Changes Impacting Surgery Centers & Clinics
- Surgery Center of Fairfield County Opens in New Connecticut Location