New York's Eastern Long Island Hospital Unveils Outpatient Surgery Pavilion
The new facility includes nine pre-op and post-op surgical bays and an extended nurses station with a new reception and waiting area. With over 4,500 square feet of space, the facility is one of the largest expansions in the hospital's 107-year history.
"The ability to accommodate the growing demand is very exciting for both patients and staff," said D. Patricia Pispisa, vice president of patient care services.
Multi-specialty surgical procedures are performed in the care pavilion, as well as blood transfusions, pain interventions and colonoscopies.
Related Articles on Transactions & Valuation:
Pennsylvania Physicians Open Ambulatory Surgery Center in Susquehanna
Providence Alaska Seeks State Approval for Surgery Center in Wasilla
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2017. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- Evaluating pain management protocols in the age of new patient care models
- Are more physician-owned hospitals on the horizon? Legislation introduced to lift the ban
- Trump plans to roll out healthcare plan in March — 4 points
- 10 most common sentinel events in Q2 2016
- Patient expectation correlates to physician antibodies prescribing patterns