New York's Eastern Long Island Hospital Unveils Outpatient Surgery Pavilion
The new facility includes nine pre-op and post-op surgical bays and an extended nurses station with a new reception and waiting area. With over 4,500 square feet of space, the facility is one of the largest expansions in the hospital's 107-year history.
"The ability to accommodate the growing demand is very exciting for both patients and staff," said D. Patricia Pispisa, vice president of patient care services.
Multi-specialty surgical procedures are performed in the care pavilion, as well as blood transfusions, pain interventions and colonoscopies.
Related Articles on Transactions & Valuation:
Pennsylvania Physicians Open Ambulatory Surgery Center in Susquehanna
Providence Alaska Seeks State Approval for Surgery Center in Wasilla
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2014. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
3 market drivers of the movement of spine, total joint cases to ASCsRead Now
- Medicare inspections & survey readiness: Key concepts for success
- Streamlining the Life Safety Code® Survey
- International Anesthesia Research Society to issue $1.3M+ in research awards in 2015
- Top 10 common physician credentialing mistakes ASCs make
- Financial leadership playbook: The essential skills for a CFO in gastroenterology