New York Approves CON for $5.2M Westmoreland ASC, Controversy Remains
Rome Sentinel report.
Now, the Oneida County Industrial Development Agency is hearing arguments for and against the procedure, as its board members decide whether or not to provide requested assistance.
The surgery center was proposed by eight surgeons and Oneida (N.Y.) Healthcare Center. The facility would primarily offer orthopedic surgery services.
On the opposing side, Rome Memorial Hospital representatives argue that there is no need for additional surgical suites in the area and that the opening of the center will result in negative financial consequences for the hospital.
Industrial development agency assistance requires four votes to move forward. Two of the seven board members of the Oneida County IDA plan to abstain, leaving five members to decide whether or not the project merits assistance.
More Articles on Transactions and Valuation Issues:
Combining Forces: Are ASC Mergers the Answer to the Challenging Healthcare Environment?
4 Recent Joint Venture ASC Openings, Plans & Expansions
8 ASC Company Q1 Financial Results: Stormy, But Promising Start to 2014
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2014. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
2 key trends to affect ASC acquisitions and valuationRead Now
- Is your office culture killing or helping revenue? 3 ways to find out
- Do I Really Need an Investment Advisor? The 9 Reasons Physician-Investors Underperform Without Professional Management
- Do I Really Need an Investment Advisor? The 9Reasons Physician-Investors Underperform Without Professional Management
- 3 market drivers of the movement of spine, total joint cases to ASCs
- Novel techniques for managing postoperative pain following orthopedic and spinal procedures performed in ambulatory setting