New Mexico's Gila Regional Medical Center Expands Surgery Center
Gila Regional Medical Center in Silver City, N.M., will undergo a $40 million expansion that includes a renovation and expansion of its surgery center, according to a Las Cruces Sun-News report.
Improvements to the hospital include upgrading the heating and cooling systems, creating single-occupancy rooms with private bathrooms and showers, replacing labor, delivery and postpartum rooms and expanding the surgery center area.
Construction is expected to begin with the expansion phase in 2014, then move towards the remodel phase in 2015.
Related Articles on Transactions and Valuation:
Pennsylvania's Eye Specialists of Ohio Adds Surgery Center
St. Louis Hospitals Continue to Protest Surgery Center With Overnight Stay
Physicians Endoscopy Acquires Five Surgery Centers in 2012
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Senate Introduces Companion Medicare RAC Reform Bill
- Drs. Brian Cole, Anthony Romeo of Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush Among Top Orthopedic Surgeons Contributing to Orthopedic Literature
- Spinal Elements Upgrades to 40,000-Square-Foot Headquarters
- UnitedHealth, Aetna, Cigna to Sit Out of California's Health Insurance Exchange
- Rhode Island Nixes "Confidential" Prices Between Payors, Providers