New ASC Part of Planned University of Minnesota Facility
The Board of Regents for the University of Minnesota has approved the issuing of bonds to finance a new $250 million academic ambulatory center that would include an ASC, according to a MedCity News report.
The 405,000-square-foot center would also include a cancer care center, orthopedics, ophthalmology, urology and imaging services.
The bonds, up to $150 million of which will be issued, would be repaid by university physicians and Fairview Health Services, according to the report.
Read the MedCity News report about the new Minnesota surgery center.
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- How Physician Thinking Changes After Working in ACOs
- 2014 Financial Impact Analysis Doesn't Stop With CMS' Final Rule: Don't Neglect CMS NCCI Edits
- 4 Drivers of Recent M&A Activity in Healthcare
- 8 Reasons to Outsource Medical Billing Services
- 5 ICD-10 Transition Considerations Medical Practices Have Likely Not Thought About