Neuro-spine surgeon Dr. Ara Deukmedjian opens Surgery Center of Viera: 4 things to know
Surgery Center of Viera in Melbourne, Fla. Here are four things to know about the new ambulatory surgery center and Dr. Deukmedjian.
1. The surgery center offers spine surgery, including Deuk Laser Disc Repair. The procedure, designed as a minimally invasive alternative for neck and back pain, was developed by Dr. Deukmedjian.
2. Dr. Deukmedjian is also the founder, CEO and medical director of Deuk Spine Institute, based in Melbourne, Fla. He has performed more than 2,000 cervical decompressive discectomies and treated more than 1,000 herniated or degenerated lumbar discs during his career.
3. The surgery center offers patients bundled rates and price transparency. The bundled payments include a fixed rate for the physician and facility. The center's transparency policy promises patients no hidden costs.
4. The surgery center caters to medical tourists. The facility has a concierge desk designed to help patients book their stay from transportation to lodging.
More Articles on Transactions and Valuation Issues:
Medical Facilities Corporation releases July dividend
New physician buy-in: 4 trends for joint venture ASCs
8 ASC real estate transactions in 2014
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
Merritt Healthcare opens Western Connecticut Orthopedic Surgical CenterRead Now
- Salix Pharmaceuticals could be acquired for $190 per share
- CRC test ColoMarker receives CE mark
- Is the MD/MBA combination the key to navigating healthcare today?
- Medivators Endoscopy drives Cantel Medical's sales growth
- Want to develop an outpatient spine practice? Interlaminar Stabilization® without fusion could be the answer