MemorialCare in California Forms Joint Venture With Surgical Care Affiliates
MemorialCare Health System, based in Fountain View, Calif., announced its physician group division has entered into a joint venture with Surgical Care Affiliates to develop, acquire and manage ambulatory surgery centers in Orange and Los Angeles counties.
The joint venture creates Beach Surgical Holdings, which is owned and operated by MemorialCare Medical Foundation and SCA. Beach Surgical Holdings owns a 51 percent interest in the partnership, while the remaining 49 percent is owned by more than 50 physician partners and Monarch HealthCare, an independent physician association.
The first ASC locations resulting from the joint venture are in Laguna Hills, Calif., and Laguna Woods, Calif.
More Articles on Health Systems and ASCs:
10 Hospitals Planning or Opening Surgery Center Joint Ventures
Texas' University Health System to Build $121M Medical Clinic With Outpatient Surgery, Endoscopy Suites
OrthoVirginia and HCA Virginia Open Medical Facility, Joint Venture Surgery Center
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- 15 Statistics on Accounts & Cases in Orthopedic-Driven ASCs
- 6 Proposed Legislative Changes Impacting Surgery Centers & Clinics
- Surgery Center of Fairfield County Opens in New Connecticut Location
- PENTAX Medical, Hitachi-Aloka Medical Continue Partnership to Pursue Endoscopic Ultrasound Systems Development
- 8 Recent GI-Driven Centers & Expansions