Memorial Bariatric Services Surgery Center and Blessing Hospital in Illinois To Join ServicesMemorial Bariatric Services surgery center in Springfield, Ill., is now partnering with Blessing Hospital in Quincy to provide services to residents in an additional county, according to Memorial Medical Center.
Blessing staff will be able to provide Memorial Bariatric Services — which was formed by Memorial Medical Center and Springfield Clinic — with pre- and post-operative nutrition, laboratory and imaging services, a specially-trained nurse practitioner, dietitian, physical therapist and social worker.
All minimally invasive bariatric surgery will still be performed at Memorial Bariatric Services with other services available at the Blessing Hospital clinic.
More Articles on Bariatric Surgery:
CMS: Coverage for Bariatric Surgery Left Up to MACs
Unified National Accreditation Program Announced for Bariatric Surgery Centers
Bariatric Surgery Numbers Hit Plateau Over Last Five Years
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest ASC news and feature stories from Becker's ASC Review, sign-up for the free Becker's ASC Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- Senate Introduces Companion Medicare RAC Reform Bill
- Drs. Brian Cole, Anthony Romeo of Midwest Orthopaedics at Rush Among Top Orthopedic Surgeons Contributing to Orthopedic Literature
- Spinal Elements Upgrades to 40,000-Square-Foot Headquarters
- UnitedHealth, Aetna, Cigna to Sit Out of California's Health Insurance Exchange
- Rhode Island Nixes "Confidential" Prices Between Payors, Providers