Medical Facilities Corporation to Acquire 51% Interest in Arkansas Surgical Hospital
Arkansas Surgical Hospital is a physician-owned specialty hospital located in North Little Rock, Ark., that provides medical and surgical treatment for patients with spine disorders and chronic pain. MFC will acquire the 51 percent interest for a purchase price of $36.2 million. The current physician-owners will retain a 49 percent interest.
The acquisition is scheduled to close on Nov. 30, 2012.
Donald Schellpfeffer, MD, CEO of MFC, said: "We are excited to add the Arkansas Surgical Hospital to the Corporation's group of hospitals, which currently includes a total of four specialty surgical hospitals located in South Dakota and Oklahoma, as well as an ambulatory surgery center in California."
Related Articles on Transactions & Valuation:
10 Characteristics That Increase Surgery Center Risk
Ohio's The Hand Center Opens, Receives Accreditation
New Jersey's Malo Health and Wellness to Open Four-OR Surgery Center
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2016. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- Is multimodal or patient-controlled analgesia more effective following an ACDF? 5 observations
- Stratifying risk — Using predictive analytics to pinpoint high-risk patients
- Coding productivity, accuracy decrease with start of ICD-10: 8 observations
- Global telemedicine market to grow at CAGR of 19%: 8 insights
- Obama administration rejects House $1.1B Zika bill: 4 things to know