Medical Facilities Corporation Reports Higher Revenue After Arkansas Surgical Hospital Acquisition
Medical Facilities Corporation reported $72.9 million in revenue for the first quarter of 2013, with a 92.2 percent payout ratio.
Consolidated facility service revenue increased 23.7 percent from the same period last year, due to revenue from the recently acquired Arkansas Surgical Hospital. The company's two specialty hospitals and ambulatory surgery centers experienced a revenue decline from unfavorable case and payor mix, and a pain management case reduction.
Net income dropped when compared with the same period last year.
More Articles on Surgery Centers:
4 Ways for ASCs to Save Real Dollars on Human Resources
Outlook for ASC Development & Transactions: 8 Key Trends
10 Statistics on Orthopedic-Driven Surgery Center Operating Expenses
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2015. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New From Becker's ASC Review
Drs. Haitham & Fatina Masri open Advanced Surgery Center in MichiganRead Now
- Pain physicians - Beware of your CPA's advice on asset protection: The advice you get may be inaccurate
- President Barack Obama using Oregon Trail to drum-up young health insurance enrollees
- AAAHC accredits the Illinois University Student Health Services
- 15 statistics on ASC hours per case
- ASC by the numbers: 13 statistics