Medical Facilities Corporation Reports Higher Revenue After Arkansas Surgical Hospital Acquisition
Medical Facilities Corporation reported $72.9 million in revenue for the first quarter of 2013, with a 92.2 percent payout ratio.
Consolidated facility service revenue increased 23.7 percent from the same period last year, due to revenue from the recently acquired Arkansas Surgical Hospital. The company's two specialty hospitals and ambulatory surgery centers experienced a revenue decline from unfavorable case and payor mix, and a pain management case reduction.
Net income dropped when compared with the same period last year.
More Articles on Surgery Centers:
4 Ways for ASCs to Save Real Dollars on Human Resources
Outlook for ASC Development & Transactions: 8 Key Trends
10 Statistics on Orthopedic-Driven Surgery Center Operating Expenses
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- The Future of ACOs for Anesthesiologists
- Healthcare Exchange Traded Funds See Biggest Boom in Years
- FDA Issues Draft Guidance on Off-Label Use Information Dissemination
- Surgical Care Affiliates President & CEO Andrew Hayek Among 2014 Aspen Institute Henry Crown Fellows
- A Look at ASC Valuation Through the Eyes of M&D Companies