Maryland's Wilmer Eye Institute Acquires Bel Air Surgery Center
The Wilmer Eye Institute at Johns Hopkins Medicine has acquired Parris Castoro Eye Care Center, an outpatient eye and laser surgery center, according to a Baltimore Sun report.
The surgery center has been renamed as part of the Wilmer Eye Institute. All entities will serve as an extension of the Wilmer Eye Institute's outpatient surgical services. The facility will have eight full-time ophthalmologists and five full-time optometrists.
Wayne H. Parris, MD, opened the practice in 1975 and added an ophthalmic outpatient surgical center in 1986. The center was the first in Maryland to receive accreditation by the AAAHC.
Related Articles on Transactions & Valuation:
Georgia's Northside Hospital Opens New Outpatient Surgery Center
10 Hospitals Acquiring, Planning or Developing Ambulatory Surgery Centers
Miami Children's to Open Four New Outpatient Centers
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
- Study: Romney's Healthcare Reform Law Did Not Increase Hospital Use, Costs
- Value-Based Physician Compensation: How 2 Organizations Are Navigating It
- 100 Leaders of Great Hospitals in America
- 12 Statistics on ASC Administrator Salaries
- UnityPoint Health — Trinity Bettendorf to Open Pain Management Center