Maryland's Wilmer Eye Institute Acquires Bel Air Surgery Center
Baltimore Sun report.
The surgery center has been renamed as part of the Wilmer Eye Institute. All entities will serve as an extension of the Wilmer Eye Institute's outpatient surgical services. The facility will have eight full-time ophthalmologists and five full-time optometrists.
Wayne H. Parris, MD, opened the practice in 1975 and added an ophthalmic outpatient surgical center in 1986. The center was the first in Maryland to receive accreditation by the AAAHC.
Related Articles on Transactions & Valuation:
Georgia's Northside Hospital Opens New Outpatient Surgery Center
10 Hospitals Acquiring, Planning or Developing Ambulatory Surgery Centers
Miami Children's to Open Four New Outpatient Centers
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
- How Physician Thinking Changes After Working in ACOs
- 2014 Financial Impact Analysis Doesn't Stop With CMS' Final Rule: Don't Neglect CMS NCCI Edits
- 4 Drivers of Recent M&A Activity in Healthcare
- 8 Reasons to Outsource Medical Billing Services
- 5 ICD-10 Transition Considerations Medical Practices Have Likely Not Thought About