Mankato Surgery Center Highlights Total Joint Replacement Program
report discussing outpatient joint replacement procedures.
OFC includes 15 orthopedic surgeons with total joint replacements and sports medicine as two service lines that pose huge opportunities for growth. The Mankato Surgery Center is owned by OFC and Mankato Clinic, and includes a new open MRI and 3.0 MRI.
When surgeons perform total joint replacements at the surgery center, patients traveling for their procedures are able to recover at a hotel or recovery facility. When patients recover at the hotels, a nurse is stationed in another one of the rooms to provide constant care to one or more patients recovering at the time, according to the report.
The hotel arrangement still saves patients when compared with paying for the hospital stay.
More Articles on Surgery Centers:
8 New ASC Company Financial Report
The Patient Collection Problem: How ASCs Increase Payment Rates
Eliminate Staffing Overlaps: 7 Strategies to Run a Lean ASC
© Copyright ASC COMMUNICATIONS 2012. Interested in LINKING to or REPRINTING this content? View our policies by clicking here.
To receive the latest hospital and health system business and legal news and analysis from Becker's Hospital Review, sign-up for the free Becker's Hospital Review E-weekly by clicking here.
New from Becker's ASC Review
Transaction tip of the day: planning for successionRead Now
- 35 summer reading picks for surgeons
- Becker's Healthcare announces ambulatory surgery center educational program
- Becker's Healthcare announces hospital chief information officer strategy roundtable
- Becker's Healthcare announces hospital chief executive officer strategy roundtable
- Syracuse VA Medical Center names Dr. Virginia Nelson anesthesia chief